Hold a Special Event

Special Event shall mean any outdoor public assembly for a celebration, gathering, ceremony, show, exhibition, concert, pageant, rally, demonstration, or assembly of any kind, which is calculated to attract at any one time the physical attendance of at least one hundred individuals. This includes any event that is held in or on any street, sidewalk, or right-of-way, or is held on public or private property which impacts adjacent streets, sidewalks or rights-of-way, to the extent that closure may become necessary in order to assure the safety of vehicular and/or pedestrian movement in the area.

An application for a special events permit shall be filed with the City Clerk's office not less than sixty calendar days prior to the date on which the event is to occur. There is a $50.00 non-refundable application fee due at the time that the application is submitted. You will receive instructions with payment options once the application has been received. 

Hold a Special Event

  1. Will alcohol be served*
  2. Will alcohol be sold*

    (State Alcoholic Beverage License required for sale of alcoholic beverages. 1-800-375-6975)

  3. Do you plan to have food trucks*

    If answer is yes, each truck shall submit an application for a temporary Local Business Tax Receipt good for the duration of the event. Additionally, they will have to provide a copy of their state license and the trucks have to be inspected by the Lake Mary Fire Department. PLEASE NOTE: The issuance of a Special Events Permit from the City shall NOT relieve any person from the duty to secure other permits or approvals as may be required by the City Code to include, but not be limited to, a tent permit, fireworks permit, business tax receipt, street, lane or sidewalk use/closure, etc. Please attach a site plan of the site being utilized and indicate parking, restrooms, tent location, etc. Additional information may be required by the City including a plan for crowd control. Indemnification and Insurance: The applicant and any other persons, organizations, firms or corporations on whose behalf the application is made shall sign contract agreeing that they will jointly and severally indemnify and hold the City harmless against liability, including court costs and attorney's fees, and attorney's fees on appeal, for any and all claims for damage to property, or injury to or death to persons, arising out of or resulting from the issuance of the permit or the conduct of the Special Event. The applicant may be required to provide insurance, as determined by the City Manager, if the Special Event is expected to attract over 500 people. In that case, the City shall be named as an Additional Insured.

    Please Note: Once your form has been received, a hold harmless agreement will be emailed to you, or you can request one by calling 407-585-1415.

  4. Leave This Blank:

  5. This field is not part of the form submission.