CITY OF LAKE MARY BUILDING PERMIT CHECKLIST
AN APPROVED ARBOR PERMIT OR WAIVER THEREFROM AND A FLOODPLAIN DETERMINATION FOR THE SITE FROM THE CITY ARE REQUIRED PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR NEW CONSTRUCTION OR SUBSTANTIAL IMPROVEMENT
The following is a list of general requirements and are not intended to represent “all” of the requirements that may apply to the project.
- Building Permit Application, signed, and notarized. Include contact person with email address and phone numbers.
- Copy of State Contractor’s License(s) Occupational License, Workers' Compensation Insurance, and General Liability with City of Lake Mary as certificate holder.
- Power of Attorney (if other than the license holder) must be officer or direct employee of license holder.
- Copy of Contract or proposal.
- Notice of Commencement recorded with Seminole County (if job is over $2,500 and $7, 500 for mechanical).
- Two (2) sets of Site Plans or Surveys for Residential, and three (3) sets for Commercial, indicating existing conditions and proposed work.
- Two (2) sets of building plans for Residential, and three (3) sets for Commercial, (maximum size 30”x 42”) signed and sealed by a Florida Design Professional.
- Arbor Permit if applicable.
- Minimum plan review criteria shall be based upon information as outlined in Chapter 1 of the currently adopted FBC.
- Septic Tank Permit (if applicable). Contact Seminole County Health Dept. 407-665-3605.
- Two (2) Elevation Certificates (Flood Zone Only) for Residential, and three (3) for Commercial.
- Proposed at plan submittal.
- Under construction at foundation.
- As built for final. Must be original signed and sealed.
- Current State of Florida Energy Efficiency forms for Residential (2), and Commercial (3), signed & dated by preparer).
- Product Approval Specification Sheet. You may acquire approval numbers from the Vendor/Supplier. Provide two (2) copies for Residential, and three (3) for Commercial, including manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Homeowner and Commercial property owners obtaining Owner/Builder permit must be owner/occupant and submit a Notarized statement of fact (some restrictions may apply as outlined in the Florida Statutes and the Florida Building Code).
- Contact Seminole County Addressing at 407-665-7391 or email@example.com to obtain property address.
Checklist for plan submittal for a new single-family residence:
- Application signed and notarized.
- Power of Attorney letter
- Copy of Contract or Proposal
- Notice of Commencement
- The submittal fee consists of the Application Fee (.075% of the documented value of construction) and the Building Plan Review Fee (0.45% of the documented value of construction). Fire Plan Review if applicable ($.02 per sq. ft. of construction) $40.00 minimum.
- Copy of State License
- General Liability
- Workers Comp
- Septic Tank Permit (if applicable)
- Arbor Permit (if applicable)
- 2 sets of engineered drawings
- 2 site plans
- 2 sets of energy calculations
- 2 sets of truss plans
- 2 sets of window & door spec. sheets
- Contact Seminole County Addressing at 407-665-7391 to obtain address.
- Fire Sprinkler System Required for buildings over 5,000 square feet Gross Floor Area
ALL BUILDINGS 5,000 SQUARE FEET AND OVER REQUIRE A FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM
(Special requirements may exist if an addition to an existing structure causes the sq. ft. threshold to be exceeded)
A PLAN REVIEW FEE IS DUE AT THE TIME OF PERMIT APPLICATION.
SEPARATE PERMITS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SUBCONTRACTORS PERMITS.