Please read below for the answers to many of our frequently asked questions. Please contact the reservations office at 407-585-1490 or 407-585-1497 if you have further questions, to make a booking, or schedule an appointment.

How far in advance can I book a rental?
The Lake Mary Events Center takes bookings up to 18 months in advance.  When making a reservation for 18 months in advance, booking opens the first business day of the month.  Lake Mary City residents can book from 8:00AM-2:00PM on the first business day of the month.  At 2:00PM, booking opens for non-residents as well.  (Ex: You can book December 15, 2016 on June 1, 2015.)

Are my rates subject to change once I've signed a contract? 
Contracts signed 12-18 months prior to the event date are subject to a rate increase not to exceed 10% of the contracted rate. Rates are no longer subject to change within 364 days of the event date. 

What is the process for reserving a rental space? 
All rentals are first come, first served. One-half of the rental fee and a signed facility use contract will secure your date. 

When can I come by to make my reservation and sign my contract?
Reservations may be made in person Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM. It is recommended that you call to make an appointment. 

Can you pencil me in for a rental? 
Courtesy holds may be accepted and held for a maximum of seven (7) days, at which time the hold will expire without notice. Courtesy holds may be made in person or by telephone. It is not guaranteed that customers with courtesy holds will be contacted by the reservations office prior to the expiration of the courtesy hold. Courtesy holds will expire on the seventh (7th) day of the hold. No courtesy holds will be accepted on the first business day of the month when booking 18 months in advance. Seven day holds are not offered on dates that have reopened because of cancellation. 

Is there a damage or security deposit in addition to my rental charge? 
Yes. Friday evening, Saturday, Sunday, Holiday, and Full Building rentals require a damage deposit of $500.00; all other individual room rentals require a $200.00 damage deposit. These are due thirty (30) days prior to the event date. This damage deposit, when submitted, is deposited into the City’s General Fund and will be returned via City check, usually within six (6) weeks following the event. Deductions may be made for damage, excessive cleaning, or time used beyond the contracted period.

Continuous contracts require a security deposit of $200.00 and Homeowner Associations within the Lake Mary City limits require a $50 security deposit. Continuous contract and Homeowner Association deposits may be forfeited for a “no show”, damage, excessive cleaning, or time used outside of the contracted period. 

How late can I stay?
Our select caterers may have additional pre-arranged time to setup or cleanup prior to or following your event. However, your event must end and all guests must vacate the premises by the end of your rental period. We do not rent past 11:00 PM. 

What if we're having a great time and stay later than our rental period? 
The standard hourly rental rate for each area rented will be doubled and charged for any time you are in the building past your rental period (no discounts will apply). No events past 11:00 PM. 

Will I receive a refund if we leave early?
No. You must plan your event as accurately as possible. 

Can I have candles?
Candles are permitted as long as the flame is enclosed in glass (such as votives and hurricane lamps) and the wick is at least 1 inch below the top of the glass rim – candles may also be used if floating in liquid. No hand held candles are permitted. 

Can I choose my own vendors? 
Caterers: All catering services must be provided by one of the listed select caterers. No other catering services are permitted. Kitchen facilities are available ONLY to the select caterers.

Other vendors (DJs, florists, etc.): You may choose your own DJ, florist, and other vendors.

Can I have items delivered, such as from my caterer, florist, DJ etc? 
The building is in use seven days a week, often multiple times a day, and we have no storage space available for early deliveries.

Can I come anytime to view the building, meet my caterer or florist etc? 
The building may be visited Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. Please call the office before arriving to make sure the building is available; it may be in use. 

Can I have a DJ or band in the grand ballroom for my reception or event?
Yes. The City of Lake Mary does have a standing noise ordinance. This noise ordinance is complaint driven and the rental party may be asked to turn down or turn off any music not meeting the City’s requirements. Please inform your chosen DJ/Band of the City’s strict noise ordinance which can be provided. The rental party or their guests may be asked to enter the building if the complaint is geared toward excessive noise on the front or rear patio areas.

Can I have music outside on the patio and/or events lawn? 
Any music performed or played outside of the building, including the patio areas, requires written approval from Event Center Management.

  • Examples of music usually approved outside: Ceremony music, string quartet, harpist, acoustic guitar
  • Examples of music usually NOT approved outside: Steel drums, live bands, DJs

How many parking spaces are available? 
The Center parking lots can accommodate 125 vehicles. However, other functions may be going on in the building and the amount of spaces available to your party is not guaranteed. Overflow parking is available for larger groups. 

When do I hold my ceremony rehearsal?
Rental fees include a complementary one (1) hour rehearsal to practice for your ceremony.  Center staff does not provide coordination services. Rehearsals may be scheduled Monday-Thursday (excluding holidays) between 9:00 AM and 3:30 PM.  Reservations for rehearsals are booked one month prior to the event date. 

Can my flower girl throw rose petals? 
Lakeside Ceremony Site:  Only the blowing of bubbles or releasing of butterflies may take place at the Lakeside Ceremony Site.  Flower petals (natural or silk), birdseed, rice (biodegradable, puffed rice, etc.) are not permitted.  Flower arrangements may be used for decorative purposes only, not to be dropped or thrown.

Rotunda:  Real or silk flowers or petals may be dropped or thrown only in the Rotunda.  Flowers or petals must be cleaned up by a member of the rental party immediately following the ceremony, regardless of the rental period duration.  Rice of any kind, birdseed, bubbles, butterflies, etc. may not be dropped, thrown, blown, or released.  Unity Candles are not permitted inside the Lake Mary Events Center, including the Rotunda.

How May I Decorate?
Decorations are permitted within reason and must be approved by the Center management.  Decorations are permitted only in the space you have reserved.  It is the responsibility of the renter to remove ALL decorations immediately after your event.  The Lake Mary Events Center does not have storage facilities for your decorations prior to or following your event.  No rice (including puffed rice or biodegradable rice), birdseed, confetti, glitter or other similar materials may be used inside or outside the Lake Mary Events Center.  Bubbles are only permitted outside. Decorations may not be affixed to the walls, doors, windows, window coverings, chairs, painted surfaces or hung from the ceiling.  Nothing can be attached to the outdoor trellis without management approval. Fog machines, dry ice, and/or open flames are not permitted. Red wine and punch are discouraged and may cause the Rental Party to incur a loss of the security deposit if stain occurs from such use.  Candles are permitted as long as the flame is enclosed in glass (such as votives and hurricane lamps) and the wick is at least 1 inch below the top of the glass rim.  Candles may also be used if floating in liquid. No hand held candles are permitted inside the Events Center.

Can I use Sparklers for my wedding exit?
Sparklers are permitted outside of the Lake Mary Evens Center for your exit.  However, all sparklers must be disposed of properly meaning the used sparkler must be discarded in a bucket or water or sand provided by the renter.  Once cool, the sparklers can be placed in the trash.  Failure to dispose of sparklers properly will result in a loss of the damage deposit.

Wedding Wire logoThe Knot logo