RESIDENTIAL SOLID WASTE AND RECYCLING
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who do I call when I come home and my cart(s) have not been emptied?
- Please contact Waste Pro at 407-774-0800, or e-mail email@example.com
- Do I need to sort my recycling?
- There is no need to sort recycling materials.
- What if I want to change the size of carts or my cart needs to be repaired or replaced?
- Please contact Waste Pro.
- Will I be able to request additional containers?
- Standard service includes one household garbage container and one recycling container. If you find the need for additional containers, please contact Waste Pro. There will be a $2.00 monthly fee for each additional household garbage container. No additional fees will apply to recycling carts but they can only be used for eligible recycling materials.
- What is a Special Service and how do I make a request?
- A Special Service is for on-call services for residential collection that exceeds the specifications of garbage, recycle, bulk or yard trash service. Waste Pro will provide a free estimate of the quantity. There will be a service charge of $20 per cubic yard.
SPECIAL WASTE PROGRAMS
Electronics Recycling (E-Scrap)
- End-of-life electronics such as computers and televisions may be recycled at the Central Transfer Station's Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility. Electronics recycling is FREE for all Seminole County residents. It is strongly recommended that all information be removed from the hard drives of old computers before they are recycled. Some common methods of removing personal information from hard drives include special software, or removing the hard drive and punching or drilling holes through the case.
Household Hazardous Waste
- Disposal facilities are located at the Central Transfer Station and the landfill for many common items such as antifreeze, poisons, mercury thermometers, pool and lawn chemicals, paint, thinners, solvents, rechargeable batteries, fluorescent light bulbs, gasoline, and used motor oil. (Containers must be labeled stating the contents.) Disposal is FREE for all Seminole County residents. Businesses may NOT bring hazardous waste to either facility.
- The Central Transfer Station limits disposal to four (4) tires per person at $1.00 each. At the Landfill, loads of more than ten (10) tires and loads of tires not from a passenger vehicle or light truck, as determined by the Solid Waste Management Division, will be charged by the ton.
Visit www.seminolecountyfl.gov and search for special waste to obtain information about amnesty days offered several times per year.
Construction and Demolition Debris
- Examples of construction and demolition debris include steel, glass, brick, concrete, asphalt, roofing material, pipe, wallboard, lumber, large stumps, and tree branches from land clearing or tree removal and may be disposed of ONLY at the Seminole County Landfill.
Bulk Waste (Large Items)
- May be placed out for collection on the next business day following your normal garbage and recycling day. Bulk waste is limited to a maximum of four (4) cubic yards, and must be able to be lifted by two (2) people. Bulk waste includes items such as furniture, appliances, and bicycles, and are serviced by a separate collection truck. It is not necessary to call Waste Pro unless you are requesting a Special Service pickup.
- Residential collection service will be provided on all holidays with the exception of Christmas Day. If Christmas Day should fall on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, the makeup day will be the preceding Saturday. If the holiday falls on Thursday or Friday, the makeup day will be the following Saturday.
- May be placed out for collection on the next business day following your normal garbage and recycling day. Yard trash shall be bundled or bagged and shall be limited to a maximum of four (4) cubic yards or ten (10) bags per residence per week. Bundles shall not exceed six (6) inches in diameter and four (4) feet in length. Bundles and bags should not exceed fifty (50) pounds each in weight.
- Items not meeting these specifications will be marked with a noncollection notice and may be collected and billed as a Special Service. Christmas trees will be collected as part of normal Residential Collection Service throughout the month of January. Contractor generated yard trash must be hauled away by the contractor.
Recycling may be placed out for collection on the same day as household garbage collection in the blue cart provided. Additional items may be placed out but shall not exceed the volume of approximately one (l) 96-gallon cart per pickup. Items need to be of size that will fit in the recycle cart. With automated service once the cart is emptied, the service collector will need to exit the vehicle and transfer overflow to the cart for servicing. Larger items that do not fit in the cart (i.e. oversized cardboard) will be considered bulk and serviced on bulk and yard trash day.
RECYCLING MATERIAL GUIDELINES:
- Pasteboard (boxes for items such as cereal, pizza, soda, beer, tissues, shoes, and paper towel and toilet paper rolls)
- Brown paper grocery bags (no wax, no wet strength material, or liners)
- Cardboard (corrugated, non-coated) flattened and cut to flt inside the recycling cart
- Newspaper, supplements, magazines, catalogs & telephone books
- Plastic containers #1 - #7 (like butter or yogurt containers)
- Glass bottles and jars (clear, green, and brown), remove all lids
- Cans (aluminum, tin, and steel containers, such as food/drink cans)
- Non-hazardous aerosol cans (empty and nozzles removed)
- Broken glass • Plastic bags • Drinkware
- Aluminum foil/pie plates • Egg cartons
- Plastic plant trays/containers, or buckets (even if recycle #I - #7)
- Waxed cardboard • Light bulbs • Styrofoam
Visit www.earth911.com for more local recycling options.
Prescription Drug Drop Box
SEMINOLE COUNTY SOLID WASTE INFORMATION RESOURCES
www.seminolecountyfl.gov and search for solid waste
Central Transfer Station
1950 State Road 419
Open: Monday-Saturday, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
(except certain holidays)
Seminole County Landfill
1930 E. Osceola Road
Open: 7 days a week, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
(except certain holidays)