|Time of Year||Residential Odd Numbered or No Addresses||Residential with Even Numbered Addresses||Non-Residential Property|
Daylight Saving Time (Begins 2 Sunday in March)
Eastern Standard Time (Begins 1 Sunday in November)
"Residential landscape irrigation" means the irrigation of landscape associated with any housing unit having sanitary and kitchen facilities designed to accommodate one or more residents, including multiple housing units and mobile homes.
"Non-residential landscape irrigation" means the irrigation of landscape not included within the definition of "residential landscape irrigation", such as that associated with public, commercial and industrial property, including commercial or transient housing units, hotels and motel units, and public medians and rights-of-way.
- Water only when needed and not between 10 am and 4 pm.
- No more than three fourths inch of water may be applied per irrigation zone on each day that irrigation occurs, and in no event shall irrigation occur for more than 1 hour per irrigation zone on each day that irrigation occurs.
Exceptions to Landscape Irrigation Schedule
Landscape irrigation shall be subject to the following irrigation schedule exceptions:
- Irrigation using a micro-spray, micro-jet, drip or bubbler irrigation system is allowed anytime.
- Irrigation of new landscape is allowed at any time of day on any day for the initial 30 days and every other day for the next 30 days for a total of one 60-day period, provided that the irrigation is limited to the minimum amount necessary for such landscape establishment.
- Watering in of chemicals, including insecticides, pesticides, fertilizers, fungicides, and herbicides when required by law, the manufacturer, or best management practices is allowed any time of day on any day within 24 hours of application. Watering in of chemicals shall not exceed ¼ inch of water per application except as otherwise required by law, the manufacturer, or best management practices.
- Irrigation systems may be operated any time of day on any day for maintenance and repair purposes not to exceed 20 minutes per hour per zone.
- Irrigation using a hand-held hose equipped with an automatic shut-off nozzle is allowed any time of day on any day.
- Discharge of water from a water-to-air air-conditioning unit or other water dependent cooling system is not limited.
- The use of water from a reclaimed water system is allowed anytime. For the purpose of this paragraph, a reclaimed water system includes systems in which the primary source is reclaimed water, which may or may not be supplemented from another source during peak demand periods.
- The use of recycled water from wet detention treatment ponds for irrigation is allowed anytime provided the ponds are not augmented from any ground or off-site surface water or public supply sources.